"Oru Communist Inaiyar Valvin Santhippukal" - Encounters in the Life of a Communist Spouse

"Oru Communist Inaiyar Valvin Santhippukal" -  Encounters in the Life of a Communist Spouse
Please click on the photo to download the FULL BOOK in PDF

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Remaining steadfast beside me! - My Grandfather K.A.Subramaniam



It is still so hard to believe that I have spent only my initial childhood years with you. However those days as a toddler & young kid remains still fresh and would always be evergreen in my life.

Whenever I have met different people, whose lives have been touched by your presence had said great & wonderful things about you. This would leave me wondering with so much awe & wished that I could spend more time with you.

Sometimes I believe that since we had so less time with each other, the love you showered to me was eternal.


The videos, photographs and the stories told to me enabled me to picture within my heart & was in every part of my life which helped me to be successful in the steps I’ve taken so far.


The words which I still remember and cherish are the ones where “You told me not to worry about anything and will always be there for even before I could utter my first alphabet in my mother tongue”, however you were long gone before I had the chance to grow as a girl and deal with real problems in life.


The way you saw life was “Nothing is Impossible”, still remember the day when I had asked you to show me the moon on a moonless night and you did show me the moon. It was not in the sky, however on a wall with torch light. The optimism which you showed me is one of the reasons on me being successful so far in life. All your dreams were well thought ahead of your time. Whatever people are saying at this century has been envisioned by you about two decades ago.


I’m so proud & honored to share the genetics with such a righteous man. The question that lingers my mind is how was it possible for a person to have the knowledge, virtue, commanding personality and yet being simple?


“Greatness of my thatha is his simplicity”


The life you lead was the one you preached to people of Tamils in the island nation, -“


“Adaiya nedung kathavum, Anjel enra sollum vendum”* (அடையா நெடுங் கதவும், அஞ்சேல் என்ற சொல்லும் வேண்டும்) and our Sathiamanai never had a door. You were a man of your words.


When you lay frozen amid the trees which you had planted, books you treasured and people esteemed by you knew that the mankind will never see another human being in this world with love, honesty, integrity and a hope to realize the dreams for his country and his people.


Along with all the people whose lives had an impact by your presence is your granddaughter who will live your dreams and make them come true.


 Thatha-you are my hero “ A true hero who lived for the change and / to uplift millions of lives in a society with troubled civil rights”and you always will be a Hero in those.


Love you!

Subhara Raveendran

No comments:

Post a Comment

வணக்கம்! தங்கள் செய்திக்கு மிக்க நன்றி. அம்மா...வள்ளியம்மை சுப்பிரமணியம்